Tourist Places In Jammu And Kashmir In 2023: In the summer season, every tourist wants to go to such a place where he gets a cool environment. What can be a better tourist destination than Jammu and Kashmir to escape the scorching heat. Jammu and Kashmir is called ‘Paradise on Earth’, then there will be no exaggeration. Because this city is so beautiful that the people coming here consider it a paradise. Hills, lush green meadows, clear and beautiful lakes, snow-capped mountain ranges and jovial people add to the beauty of this union territory of India. If you have ever visited Jammu and Kashmir, then you will know about its beauty, but those who have not seen the beautiful form of Kashmir, they must come here once. Because this place is not less than any foreign country. We have put together (Tourist Places In Jammu And Kashmir) a list of places to visit in Jammu and Kashmir that you must visit for an adventure-filled experience amidst the mountains.
- Yusmarg, Tourist Places In Jammu And Kashmir
- Tourist Places In Gulmarg, Tourist Places In Jammu And Kashmir
- Tourist Places In Sonmarg, Tourist Places In Jammu And Kashmir
- Tourist places in Pahalgam, Tourist Places In Jammu And Kashmir
- Tourist Places in Gurez Valley
- Tourist Places in Srinagar
- Tourist Places in Patnitop
- Tourist Places in Doda
- Tourist Places In Kishtwar
- Tourist Places In Sanasar
Yusmarg, Tourist Places In Jammu And Kashmir
Yusmarg who does not need any special introduction. Yusmarg can be heard from the mouth of every tourist. Nevertheless, we would like to tell you that Yusmarg, which is called the heaven of the earth, is a city in the famous Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir, which is famous all over the country for its culture and art, especially for its natural beauty. beauty. This is the reason why thousands of tourists keep coming here throughout the year. Apart from cultural traditions, it is also known for its sacred sites. Hey, apart from the big mountains and beautiful valleys, tourists like the feeling of belongingness of the people here.
Sightseeing Attractions in Yusmarg
- Pakherpora Shrine
- Nilnag Lake
Tourist Places In Gulmarg, Tourist Places In Jammu And Kashmir
Gulmarg hill station is situated in the Baramulla district of Kashmir, the most beautiful state of India. Seeing Gulmarg, every tourist calls it heaven on earth. These attractive sites are situated at an altitude of about 2730 meters above sea level and are surrounded by snow-capped mountains, lush green meadows, deep gorges, evergreen forests, attractive mountains, hills and valleys. This place is perfect for newly married couples to celebrate honeymoon. Must visit places in Gulmarg
- The Gulmarg Gondola is the world’s highest operating cable car at an altitude of about 13,000 feet. It is an incredible way to experience Gulmarg which attracts lakhs of tourists every year.
- Imambara Gum is a holy site in Gulmarg, sacred to the Muslim religion. It is an ideal place to visit in winters with family and enjoy the views of the snow-capped mountains amidst the serene surroundings.
- Khilanmarg Valley About 6 kms from Gulmarg, Khilanmarg is a small valley surrounded by beautiful views of the highest Himalayan peaks. It becomes a hot-shot destination for ski lovers in winters.
Ningle Nala and Ferozepur Nala
- These are two mountain rivers that flow through lush green valleys with mountains in the background. The streams receive their water from the melting snow of the Apharvat Peak and drain into the Jhelum River. It is one of the famous Gulmarg tourist places for picnic and camping.
- Alpathar Lake is a famous Gulmarg tourist attraction that offers a spectacular view of rocky mountains and lush green meadows. This picturesque lake remains frozen during winters, but the entire journey you will undertake to reach here is a divine experience in itself. Alpather Lake is one of the best places to visit in Gulmarg.
Tourist Places In Sonmarg, Tourist Places In Jammu And Kashmir
Sonmarg is a beautiful town located in the midst of lush green plains and hills located in Jammu and Kashmir. There are many such tourist and religious places in Sonamarg, which attract tourists from different states of India and also from different countries of the world. There are many lakes, rivers, glaciers here which adds to the beauty of Sonamarg, which attracts tourists.
- Thajiwas Glacier is a beautiful place situated at an altitude of about 3000 meters above sea level. This place is situated at a distance of 2-4 kilometers from Sonamarg. Thajiwas Glacier is made for nature lovers only. This place is a beautiful glacier covered with lush green plains and a thick sheet of snow. Tourists often come here for picnics. This glacier is very much liked in Sonmarg.
- Zojila Pass is one of the most dangerous high mountain passes in the hills located in Kashmir. Located at an altitude of 3528 meters above sea level, the Zojila Pass connects Srinagar to Leh. This Zojila pass is very much liked by the tourists. The high hills and the gulf seen from this pass are very frightening and attractive to see.
- Baltal Valley is a major tourist destination of Sonamarg situated at an altitude of 2743 meters above sea level. This Baltal Valley is very much liked by tourists and trekkers. The view of the frozen snow on top of the high hills visible from here is quite charming. The breathtaking view from here attracts the tourists.
- Vishansar Lake is a blue colored lake. This lake is situated very close to Sonamarg, surrounded by green plains and hills. This Vishansar Lake is a beautiful lake located at an altitude of about 3710 meters above sea level. This lake is also known as Vishnu lake. This lake is a major tourist destination of Sonamarg. People often come here for picnics.
- Gangabal Lake is considered to be one of the most popular tourist spots in Sonamarg. It is a very beautiful place situated at the foothills of Harmuk mountain. Trekking also has to be done to go here. This is the reason why this place is also liked by trekkers. This Gangabal lake is considered to be the best place to visit in Gulmarg during the summer season. This lake is a very beautiful lake with lush green plains situated at the bottom of the hills. It sees a sizeable crowd of tourists during the summer.
- Surrounded by high hills and lush green meadows, Krishnasar Lake is a beautiful lake located at an altitude of about 3801 meters above sea level. This blue water Krishnasar lake continues to attract tourists. Tourists visiting here are often seen enjoying photography and nature. The view from near this lake is also very attractive.
Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve
- It is a famous tourist destination where wildlife lovers can spot various flora, fauna and bird species. The endangered musk deer, brown bear, black bear, red fox, panther and hangul are some of the animals that you can spot in the Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve.
- Seven Springs is a famous attraction of Kashmir tourism known for seven natural outlets of water. A beautiful wonder of nature that offers mesmerizing views of the valleys of Gulmarg Srinagar. A place that will blow your mind and you will not be able to take your eyes off it.
- Apharvat Peak is a peak situated at an altitude of 4390 meters above sea level. It is a major tourist attraction of Gulmarg which receives heavy snowfall and is covered with snow for most of the year. Apart from spectacular views, the snow-capped slopes provide opportunities for skiing and snowboarding to adventure lovers.
Tourist places in Pahalgam, Tourist Places In Jammu And Kashmir
Pahalgam is a small town in the Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir, which is also considered as the main hill station here. This small village is situated on the banks of the Lidder River at an altitude of 7200 feet above sea level. The atmosphere of Pahalgam is very pleasant, although every corner of Jammu and Kashmir is full of beauty, but this place is something amazing.
This village surrounded by the snowy mountains of the Himalayas, you will be mesmerized by the lush green and beautiful valleys and saffron gardens here. Along with this, many adventure activities can also be done for the tourists, such as enjoying horse racing, trekking, camping, fishing and also you can enjoy golf here.
Sheshnag Lake Pahalgam
- Pahalgam’s Sheshnag Lake is very beautiful, which is famous among tourists for its blue-green color. In the flowing water here, you can clearly see the pebbles and stones floating inside the water. This lake is about 32 kilometers away from Pahalgam. Is located at a distance. Which also looks like the moon due to its rapid flow.
Aru Valley Pahalgam
- Aru Valley is a very beautiful valley of flowers, which is 12 km from Pahalgam. Is located at a distance. Due to its beauty, this place is very famous among the tourists. Surrounded by Liddar river, lakes, snowy mountains, this place is very beautiful. Also, this place provides tourists with many games and activities in these beautiful natural grounds. You can also do camping, trekking and many other things here. So whenever you come to Kashmir, do not miss visiting this place.
Tuliyan Lake Pahalgam
- We all must have seen flowing lakes many times, but the beauty of Tulian Lake is that it remains covered with snow for most of the time. The lake looks even more beautiful in the white snow cover. Surrounded by the peaks of the Himalayas, this lake is situated at an altitude of about 3353 feet above sea level. This lake is about 15 km from Pahalgam. Is located at a distance. The green meadows, valleys and vegetation around the lake do all the work of wooing you.
Mamleshwar Temple Pahalgam
- Mamleshwar Temple of Pahalgam is one of the very ancient temples. It is believed that this temple is related to the 12th century king Jayasima. Mamleshwar Temple is situated in Mamal village which is about 1 km from Pahalgam. Is located at a distance. The Mamleshwar temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, built on the other side of the Lidder river, is known for its antiquity as well as its beliefs.
Tourist Places in Gurez Valley
Gurez Valley is an attractive hill station in Kashmir, lush green meadows, lovely pastures, lush forests, swift rivers, deep gorges, and mist covered mountains that make Gurez Valley attractive. Where people can spend some ‘own’ time in the lap of nature. Once upon a time, this beautiful valley was the gateway to the historically famous Silk Route from Kashgar in China to Europe. A beautiful and picturesque tourist destination in Kashmir, Gurez Valley is an ideal place to spend some time close to mother nature. Gurez Valley is situated at an altitude of 8,000 feet above sea level. Gurez Valley is also known as River Rafting, Kayaking, Trekking, Photography and Star Gazing.
- Mount Harmukh is a spectacular sight to behold. Located in the Ganderbal district of Kashmir, this mountain is situated at an altitude of 16,870 feet. It is situated between Kishanganga or Neelam river and Nala Sindh. The view of the snow-capped mountains rising above the Gangabal Lake in the vicinity of the beautiful Kashmir Valley is awe-inspiring.
- Scenic gorges and spine-chilling cliffs, gushing rivers, and soaring mountains make Tuleil Valley the Switzerland of India. The untouched and untouched beauty of this valley makes you feel the sheer beauty of the place. The sound of fast-flowing rivers adds to the melody of nature and brings a sense of calm over you.
- The Kishanganga River, also known as the Neelam River in Pakistan, is the heart and soul of the Gurez Valley. This gently flowing river is surrounded by mountain ranges on both sides. The turquoise blue water glistens as the sun’s rays fall on it.
Tourist Places in Sr inagar
Srinagar is a very beautiful tourist place situated on the route of Jhelum river. Srinagar is known for natural parks, beautiful lakes and handicrafts. Snow covered Srinagar looks very beautiful in winter and very green in summer. If you want to enjoy the cool breeze in the winter season, then definitely visit Srinagar in this season. Also, during summers you can enjoy shikara ride and horse riding. Today we are going to tell you about the best tourist places of Srinagar, where you must visit once.
- Dal Lake is the beauty of Srinagar. This lake is spread over 26 square kilometers, which looks no less than a paradise. Dal Lake is situated in the midst of beautiful lush green mountains and facilities like hunting boat boating, house boats and market around the lake attract tourists immensely. Let us tell you, the idea of houseboat in Dal Lake was of the British.
- Mughal Garden is the most popular and most visited tourist place in Srinagar. During the Mughal period, the Mughals built many types of gardens, which are called the Mughal Gardens. The lush fragrant flowers here make people’s hearts happy. The Mughal Gardens in Srinagar include Nishat Bagh, Shalimar Bagh, Chashme Shahi, Pari Mahal, Achabal and Verinag Gardens. You can see the influence of Persian architecture in the Mughal Gardens.
- Wular Lake is one of the largest fresh water lakes in Asia. Wular Lake is located in the Bandipora district of Jammu and Kashmir. When the water in this lake increases, tourists also come here to do activities like water sports, water skiing. The lake is also a favorite picnic spot for the locals and tourists.
- Baramulla is a small town in Jammu and Kashmir, which is full of natural beauty. There are many beautiful tourist places in this city like Gulmarg, Khilanmarg, Wular Lake, where you can go for a walk. People come from far and wide to visit the Buddhist Stupas of Baramulla city and also religious places like monasteries, temples and mosques.
- Yusmarg is a small hill station in Srinagar, about which very few people know. Being a romantic place, this mini hill station is very popular among couples. Yusmarg Hill Station is located at a distance of 47 kilometers from Srinagar. If you like to go to a quiet place, then you can include this place in your list. There is also an amazing trekking point here.
- There are many waterfalls, lakes and beautiful temples in Anantnag, which may take less than a day to see them. Here you can see the temple and the mosque all together. Famous temples in Anantnag include Goswami Gund Ashram, Shilpgram Temple, Khanna Barnain Tripundundari Astapan Devsar, Neela Nag.
- Chashme Shahi is a beautiful park located on the height, which is crowded with tourists to see it. From here you can have a spectacular view of the valley. People definitely click photos with the beautiful waterfalls here. Let us tell you, this place comes in the popular tourist places of Srinagar. That’s why you must visit this place once during your Srinagar tour.
Tourist Places in Patnitop
The hill station of Patnitop is included in the popular tourist places of Jammu and Kashmir for its meadows, grand scenery and beautiful views of the Himalayan peaks. Patnitop is a hill resort located in Udhampur district. There are many such natural beauty places here that will mesmerize you. The ancient name of Patnitop used to be Patan da Talab. Which meant the princess’s pond. The atmosphere of Patnitop is very relaxing. The beautiful valleys and greenery here attract a lot of tourists. If you are planning to visit Patnitop then definitely visit these places.
- Mathatop is the most beautiful and famous tourist place of Patnitop. It is located at a distance of about 5 kilometers from Patnitop. This place is completely covered with sheets of snow during winters. If you are looking for such a place, then this place can be the best for you.
- Nag temple located near Patnitop is very beautiful. Let us tell you that this temple is about 600 years old. At the time of Nag Panchami, there is a crowd of lakhs of devotees. If you are planning to visit Patnitop, then you can make your vacation even better by coming to this place.
Billo Ki Powri
- This place is situated on the hills a little far away from Patnitop. Let us tell you that people have to climb 270 steps to reach here. This place is full of romance. If you like romantic places, you might like this place.
- Kud Park is famous for its beautiful flowers. Here you can also find many types of picnic places. If you are looking for beautiful parks in Patnitop, you will not find any place more beautiful than Kud Park. Here you can also enjoy water sports, the lagoon and what-a-coaster.
- Nattatop is a very famous tourist place in Jammu. It is situated at some distance from Patnitop. It is about 2711 meters high. If you are looking for such beautiful places to visit in the winter season, then this can be the best place for you to visit. Here you can also enjoy camping and trapping. If you want, you can also go to Glacier Lake to roam from here.
Tourist Places in Doda
Doda is a beautiful city located in the Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir. It is known for its stunning landscapes, which include snow-capped mountains, meadows and forests. In March, the city is covered with snow, making it a great destination for skiing and snowboarding. The city also has several historical sites, including the Chinta Valley and the Bhaderwah Fort.
Top Sightseeing Attractions
- Lakshmi Narayana Temple
- Shitla Mata Roshera
- Gupt Ganga Temple
- Vasuki Naag Temple
- Jamia Masjid Bhaderwah
- Ziyarat Bangla Nallah
- Devi Gol
- Nagni Mata
- Bhog Taraq
Tourist Places In Kishtwar
Kishtwar of Jammu is famous for saffron production. Hence it is also known as the land of sapphire and saffron. Located around 235 km from Jammu, this place also boasts of some incredible views. Which includes huge snow-capped mountains, green valleys and beautiful rivers. You will be stunned by the beauty of the beautiful flower meadows, fruit orchards and lush green forests here.
Top Sightseeing Attractions
- Jamia Masjid
- Shrine of Shah Asrar-ud-Din
- Kishtwar National Park
- Dishes like Lotus root curry
- Shrine of Shah Farid-ud-Din Bagdadi
- Sarthal Devi Temple
Tourist Places In Sanasar
Sanasar is basically a group of two small villages of Sana and Sar which are located in Jammu province. Located about 20 km west of Patnitop, these islands were named after 2 small local lakes that bear the same name. There is also a mountain range nearby known as Shanta Ridge. This place is situated at an altitude of about 2,800 meters. Paragliding, camping and trekking paragliders come from far and wide in Sanasar. If you have a plan to visit Sanasar, do not forget to visit these places
Top Sightseeing Attractions
- Nag Temple
- Sanasar Lake
- Shank Pal Temple
- Golf Course
- Suri Kund